This is a recommended update for all existing players.
– 0006849: F/A-18F Cannot Refuel each other with Buddy store
– 0007998: Aircraft refueling logic (SH-to-SH buddy)
– 0007811:  Wooden Leg Refueling Issues
– 0007901: Weird behaviour during in flight refueling
– 0006980:  KA-6D tanker problem
– 0003147: Countering “overbooking” in air refuelling
– 0007602:  Units forget the RTB order after going defensive
– 0006618:  Refueling Issues
– 0006847: Refueling Case: Multiple Refueling Aircraft on station with Refueling ROE set to on = Crashed aircraft
– 0007988: Aircraft refuses to refuel from nearest tanker
– 0006772: Serious tanker doctrine issues – set scen/mission/group/unit default to false
– 0008067: [Build 556] Exception Error
– 0006454:  Support mission, 1 time loop and refueling logic
– 0008069: Refueling: E-3 crashes as it can’t seem to link up with KC-135E
– 0003072: Aircraft assigned to the same mission should go to the same tanker
– 0004974: Aircraft running out of fuel and crashing. Not refueling
– 0005517: When Group Refueling ROE is set, individuals aren’t inheriting it when the group breaks up to RTB
– 0005253: Tankers RTB too late
– 0008072:  Sub trying to attack sonobouy
– 0008087: [Build 553] Refueling Sentry keeps hooking up
– 0008086: [558 Refueling] Most Vipers want to keep refueling than return to patrol zone
– 0007974: Need to add color depth check at startup
– 0007880: Crash when using zones
– 0007910: Freezes during tutorial after activation of No-Nav Zone
– 0008088: Tanking fix broke 3rd rule
– 0008058: Dipping Passive Sonar (Build 554)
– 0008091:  Units in ferry missions stay with the tankers instead of follow the mission
This update is defined by two significant improvements.
1) Speed. Major portions of the core execution pipeline have been re-architected to optimize performance and scalability. The boost is most noticeable on “heavy” scenarios (not just in terms of number of units but also activity, e.g. numerous concurrent pathfinding processes, everybody jamming and scanning everybody etc.). Stability is also improved.
2) Air Refueling fixes. You asked for smarter and more dependable refueling AI & mechanics, and we listened.
The list of tweaks & improvements is too long to list here, but three major changes stand out:
a) Crews are now context-aware in their logic of picking the most suitable tanker. Depending on what the aircraft is supposed to be doing (enroute to mission, returning, free-roaming, on patrol, on support circuit etc.) the optimal choice is often significantly different.
b) Tankers are now smart enough to avoid overbooking (and thus getting completely drained). They now reject refuelling requests that they estimate they will not be able to service.
c) Aircraft returning from a mission (e.g. strikers on the RTB leg) will opt to bypass available tankers and head straight for their home bases if possible. This lightens the load on available tanker assets and eliminates the need to manually change the “use refuel” doctrine mid-mission. If they do need to refuel on the return leg they do as before.